I know that we’re almost halfway through January already and chances are that any new years resolution that you’ve made for yourself has already been broken, but here are four very worthwhile songwriting goals from Cliff Goldmacher who runs one of my favourite songwriting websites Educated Songwriter.
In his article “4 New Years Resolutions For Songwriters” Cliff says that “…there are so many facets to life as a songwriter that there’s always something we can do to move the ball forward” and in a nutshell the four songwriting goals that will move all of us songwriters forward in 2013 are:
- Write down a song title every day
- Find a new (or your first) co-writer
- Write a song in a genre that’s new to you
- Don’t give up
Personally, I can relate to all four goals and will be making a huge effort this year to
- Expand on my possible song titles list daily
- Find some more songwriting collaborators
- Write some more piano songs
- Keep up the positive attitude towards my own songwriting.
Have a read of the full article here and while you’re doing that, have a go at working out what your songwriting goals for this new year are going to be. You’ll be glad you did.
Until next time, keep on writing,
All About Songwriting